WFNY’s EHC podcast returns to discuss the possibilities of trading Corey Kluber once again. With reports that the Indians are likely going to keep all of their starters, it’s still difficult to believe that the Indians aren’t going to try and do something big to improve their team. Will they use Corey Kluber to reallocate their assets, and acquire position player help?
take to the airwaves one more time discussing the possibilities of an Indians deal happening sooner, rather than later.
- Will a Kluber trade happen, or will the front office avoid trading their ace because of the recently acquired payroll relief?
- Did the Cincinnati Reds and the Los Angeles Dodgers create a deal with each other because the Indians refused to deal with both, or was it a message that both teams are ready to deal?
- The Minnesota Twins just acquired Nelson Cruz at a fairly team friendly deal that would have made a ton of sense for the Indians. Does this mean that the Indians are tight on payroll, or just in the normal waiting game?
- Are the Padres the real deal, or are the Indians using them to nudge the Dodgers along the way?
- If the Padres were truly involved in a deal with the Indians, wouldn’t Fernando Tatis be a must, and ultimately, isn’t that the deal-breaker? I mean, the Padres aren’t dealing Tatis. Oh, and by the way, Luis Urias is going to be really good.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers are likely at the top of the list, and Cody Bellinger is the price the Indians most likely covet. Will the Dodgers deal him after moving Matt Kemp and Yasiel Puig out of their outfield in the Reds deal? Can the Indians manage even a Alex Verdugo, Gavin Lux, and Chris Taylor as an alternative?
- The Reds may be the team most in play. With Nick Senzel rumored to be the Indians primary target, would a deal that includes Senzel and Jesse Winker be enough, and could they also acquire a Raisel Iglesias or Amir Garrett in the deal?
- What are the Indians going to do about their bullpen. Are they actually going to make a splash with a big free agent, do what they normally do, and take fliers on guys, or make another deal at the deadline?